Thursday, April 28, 2016

CASAZZA PENNE ALLA BOLOGNESE

The first time I had Bolognese sauce was my first visit to Italy in 1969. I had it again in a restaurant located near Dupont Circle, Washington, D.C. It was only on their "Primi Piatti" (first dishes) menu. I worked on duplicating this recipe for 20 years. A lot of recipes for Bolognese sauce call for a mixture of ground beef, pork and veal but I prefer just beef and pork. Penne translates to "quills" or "pens". You will find penne pasta in two forms, lisce (smooth) or rigate (furrowed). You can add some ground veal to the meatball recipe, if you prefer.




The recipe is in my cookbook. You can order it from Amazon.com in hardcover and in Kindle. Also on KOBO in an ebook. If you live in the USA, you can order from my website - www.leecasazzacooking.com and I will sign the book for you or for someone you give as a gift. If you live near Issaquah, Washington, my cookbook is available at the Issaquah Costco.

No comments:

Post a Comment